We’re looking for a graduate student to join our team through the fall 2015 semester!
This placement will provide valuable experience in writing for the web and in an academic setting, event management, social media marketing, web design, and office administration, all within the context of public health and food policy work. Students will have the opportunity to work directly with leaders in academia and the food justice movement at the NYC Food Policy Center at Hunter College and with our partners.
- Writing for our website, newsletter and other electronic communications: policy briefs, internal communications, event invitations, meeting follow-up
- Web design and maintenance using a Wordpress platform – front-and back-end.
- Event support: preparation, supplies, set-up, general oversight
- Basic photography, videography (video editing experience is a plus)
- Social media activities: developing and maintaining presence on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin
- Designing infographics
- Scheduling, correspondence, note-taking, and other administrative activities as needed
- Data collection and database management
The ideal candidate will be ready to jump in to assist with any task at hand and will be comfortable in a self-directed work environment- someone with strong writing skills, the ability to multi-task, and a can-do attitude! Graduate students from all disciplines are encouraged to apply; knowledge of NYC food systems and flexible availability is desirable. Placements are typically 10-15 hours/week; Academic credit and stipend are available. Please send a brief letter of interest specifying skills and experiences, hours of availability and resume to Ashley Rafalow (email@example.com).