Below includes more information about the food resources that are available to New Yorkers and a step-by-step guide to using the City’s resources and community-based organizations providing food:
For a more comprehensive guide to food resources in your neighborhood, see the Center’s Coronavirus NYC Neighborhood Food Resource Guides at nycfoodpolicy.org/food. For any additional questions on accessing community food resources, please email [email protected].
You are eligible for the GetFoodNYC Emergency Home Food Delivery if you:
Things to know:
1) Go to this website link (NYC Food Delivery Assistance) to begin the sign up process.
2) Review the Disclaimers and choose the option to request food for yourself or your household. Then click the purple bar that says “Create an Account.”
3) Fill in the New Account Registration with your information. If you do not have an email address, call 3-1-1 to complete your registration instead.
4) Once you press Submit, you will be directed to the below screen. Check the email address that you provided to receive a confirmation and to begin your sign-up for deliveries.
5) Click the link in blue from the email you receive. To sign in, use the email address you used for the previous sign-up and use the temporary password that will be located where the black box is in the above email. Create a new password of your choice and type it in twice.
6) Now begin answering the qualifying questions as part of the sign up. Press the blue next button to move on to the next page of questions. There will be a total of 4 pages to complete.
7) On the second page titled “Your contact information” make sure to include your apartment number if applicable and include landline phone numbers as well as cell phone numbers that can receive text messages.
8) On the next page, make sure to answer all questions for the “Order selection” and click on the blue Add Participant box to include all members in your household needing food delivery.
9) When you press Add Participant, a new screen will come up with space to fill in more information about each household member. When all information is listed, click Save. When all household members are listed, press Next.
10) On the final page, confirm all information is accurate before clicking Place Order. You will then receive a confirmation email about your delivery.
Things to know:
To find out if you are eligible for NYC programs including SNAP benefits, follow this link or type in https://access.nyc.gov to your web browser. Click the yellow “Am I eligible?” button.
*To change the font size or translate page, click the top right corner for the following languages: Español, Русский,한국어, العربية, Kreyol,繁體中文, Français, Polski, اردو , বাংলা
1) To find out where the closest Meal Hub is to where you live, click here or click on the blue box that says “Find Community Meal Locations” at this address: https://www.schools.nyc.gov/school-life/food/community-meals
1) Type your address into the search bar on the top left of the map. Use the + and – buttons to zoom in and out.
2) All Meal Hubs are listed in purcle. Click on the name of the schools to find out the address and more information.
You can also sign up for Plentiful, a free app available in multiple languages, developed by City Harvest in partnership with the United Way for New York City and the New York City Food Assistance Collaborative.
Through Plentiful, you can find food pantries near you and reserve a time to pick up food without waiting in any lines.