- This event has passed.
Children as Change Agents for Healthy Eating
November 6 @ 8:30 AM - 10:15 AMFree
Food Policy For Breakfast Series
Discussion + Networking + Healthy Breakfast Served
(This is a FREE Event)
Children as Messengers
- La Tonya Assanah, Greenhouse Manager, Harlem Grown
- Nancy Easton, Executive Director and Co-founder, Wellness in the Schools
- Rosa Marruffo, MA, Program Manager, Edible Schoolyard NYC
- Andrea Rothenberg, MS, LCSW, Director, Department of Health Education, Mount Sinai Hospital
- Christina Zarcadoolas, PhD, Sociolinguist, Public Understanding of Health & Science, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, Healthliteracylab.com
This panel will explore using children as messengers to influence healthy eating habits at home, at school and in their communities.
Moderator: Charles Platkin, PhD, JD, MPH, executive director of the Hunter College NYC Food Policy Center
Healthy Breakfast Will Be Served @ 8:30am, Talk at 9am