Food Policy for Breakfast Seminar: Nick Saul- From Charity to Solidarity: Making the Case for Good Food for All –
September 24, 2013
Nick Saul, co-author of The Stop: How the Fight for Good Food Transformed A Community and Inspired a Movement and President and CEO of Food Centers Canada, discusses the problems with food banking and how he and his team have re-imagined this charitable approach using the power of food to build a new model for social change.
- Janet Poppendieck Sweet Charity? Emergency Food and the End of Entitlement, Penguin, 1999.
- Nick Saul & Andrea Curtis The Stop: How the Fight for Good Food Transformed a Community and Inspired a Movement, Random House of Canada, 2013.
- Michael Moss Sugar, Salt Fat: How the Food Giants Hooked Us, Random House, 2013.
Information on Food Policy Councils
- New York State Food Policy Council
- Toronto Food Policy Council
- Food Systems Network Policy Paper Food Policy Councils
- Mark Winne Doing Food Policy Councils Right: A Guide to Development and Action
Nick Saul on Twitter: @njsaul | Community Food Centres Canada
Event video will be posted when available.