The New York City Food Policy Center at Hunter College’s FOOD PHOTO FRIDAY project seeks to be a catalyst for food system change by increasing civic participation and building capacity through a campaign celebrating food policy and practice in New York City.
Photo must be related to NYC food policy and practice and fit into one of following categories:
- Food security/insecurity
- Food waste/food rescue
- Food safety
- Restaurants/Food Workers
- Where we buy our food/How we eat our food
- Cultural differences in food
- Communities and people around food
- Urban agriculture (including food/health tech)
- Food equity/food justice
- Community collaboration
- Food as it relates to issues around food policy in NYC
Examples of photos could include:
- Community gardens, farmers’ markets, nutrition and garden education, school food, solutions to diet-related illnesses, emergency food distribution, and more.
- Photographs must be in digital format.
- All digital files must be 20 megabytes or smaller, must be in JPEG or JPG format, and must be at least 1,000 x 1,000 pixels (highest resolution possible)
- Photographs must have been taken within the last year
- Photographs must be taken by the person submitting the photo
- Please include a little story about how, when, where, why, and who took the photo
The Center will upload all photo submissions to its website in an open-access format for use by food policy practitioners, with proper attribution as feasible. By submitting your photo, all entrants grant the NYC Food Policy Center at Hunter College non-exclusive license to use, publish, distribute, reproduce, modify, create derivative works from, and publicly display the photo for any Center purpose, including without limitation display on the Center website.
How to Enter
We invite you to share your images of food policy and practice in New York City.
Please send photos to email@example.com with the subject title: Food Photo Friday
What you Win
- An NYC Food Policy Center at Hunter College or a food T-shirt
- The winning photo will be featured on our website and social media accounts, possibly used in our newsletter, and displayed at and or announced at our events