- This event has passed.
Root Cause Conference for Social Justice
April 17, 2015 @ 4:30 PM - 9:30 PM
Black Lives Matter and Public Health
Join the Root Cause Collective and public health leaders for an evening of dialogue, goal-setting, and training on the intersections of Black Lives Matter and public health.
Dr. Mary Bassett, Commissioner of NYC Department of Health and Mental Hygiene
- Dr. Roderick Watts, Professor of Psychology at CUNY Graduate Center (African American youth development, racial and cultural identity)
- Dr. Martha Crum, Professor at Hunter College School of Public Health (Health disparities, evaluation and public discourse)
- Naimah Efia Johnson, LMSW, Black Woman’s Blueprint and WIN Healing Justice Collective
- Julien Terrell, youth development and environmental justice organizer, Brotherhood Sistersol and WE ACT for Environmental Justice
- Dr. Sophine Charles, Founder and CEO of Our Kids, former NYPD officer, and liaison to Vera Institute of Justice on the Community Policing training project
Dinner will be served.
Registration required. For details and registration find us on Facebook: Root Cause Collective or e-mail [email protected]
Root Cause Collective is a Hunter College student organization that was chartered in the fall of 2014. Our mission is to mitigate, resist, and undo the deleterious community health effects of racism, gentrification, and market justice. We attempt to accomplish our mission through continuous student and faculty dialogue, community engagement and partnership, and advocacy in addressing the structural and social determinants of health.